Monday, October 1, 2012

#happy


{via Sam Dedel}

I came across this little print on Pinterest a while back. Saw it, liked the design, repinned, and didn't think much more of it.

Then, a few weeks later, I was driving to work - uber grumpy as I didn't have time to make coffee - and the words from this print popped back in my head. I had been in a funk for a few weeks, not necessarily unhappy, but just realizing that perhaps my routine had become something that didn't pump a lot of happy juju in my soul. I realized that I hadn't been making time to do things that make me a happier person. I realized that focusing on these things is not merely for my own personal well-being, but also because I feel that it makes me more pleasant to be around. 

Selfishly doing things you enjoy is actually a selfless thing.

Of course there are the unevitables that you'll never be able to side step - no one likes waking up early, even if you claim to be a 'morning person', work is not always sunshine and rainbows, and you'll never escape the time-consumers of maintaining a clean apartment or home. But hey, why not prioritize time on the little things that do knock a little joy back in your day. Baking, painting, crafting, yoga, running, writing - whatever it is, prioritize it in your day planner.
And make it as big of a deal as the other "more important" matters.

Finding what makes you happy isn't hard, but making the time to DO MORE of it is. But, at the end of the day - it's worth it to get that happy juju back.
And I'm sure your friends and co-workers will be happy you did.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...