Tuesday, January 8, 2013

on the record | new year, new sounds.


I don't really believe in new year's resolutions. Not to sound like Debbie Downer, but why is it that everyone picks this time of the year for an overly optimistic life change you'll only inevitably feel guilty for cheating or failing on? Why not commit to something you're actually excited about? Call me crazy but that's a much happier approach. And no, you don't like going to the gym. No one likes going to the gym. Plus, you know the second a Breaking Bad marathon comes on and your friend wants to do wine night there's no chance you're passing that up for the elliptical. 

So, rather, I vow to do a few things that get me jazzed on the passing of another year in the life. Try new restaurants. Play outside with the little chunk more. Have more girls' nights. Experiment with some new make-up. Blog more. Have a treat-yo-self day once a month. Go to a few bars I've never been to. Trade in my go-to playlists with new bands and artists. 

And that last one led me to this. 13 recent band discoveries to help ring in 2013. 

Happy listening. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...