Saturday, January 12, 2013

oreo mint truffles.


These little dandies are by far my favorite discovery from our annual holiday bake-a-thon. I'm a fan of any mint flavored sweet, but It's definitely a taste I've acquired over time - considering as a child I would show disgust at my mom's chocolate chip mint ice cream while I devoured my gummy worm and chiclet filled bubblegum fro-yo. 

20 years later, my mother and I decided to put a minty twist on our usual mint truffles.

Truffles are a perfect indulgence, and might seem intricate and complicated. But yes, this version requires only 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time. Plus, the cream cheese makes them melt in your mouth and highly addictive. 




                   {ingredients}

                                1 package of Mint Oreos | 8 oz. cream cheese | white chocolate chips |
                                                          green food coloring | sprinkles (optional)

                   {directions}
      1. Mash up a bag of mint oreos
      2. Place in mixer with cream cheese until fully blended together
      3. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls 
      4. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals (you can add a bit of vegetable oil here to make the chocolate smoother 
      5. Add just a dash of green food coloring, enough to give it a light green tint
      6. Dip each ball into the chocolate mixture and set on wax paper or parchment paper to cool
      7. Immediately add sprinkles before the chocolate dries and then refrigerate for 10 minutes
      8. Add a daily limit for yourself, as you'll likely eat the whole batch after the first one. 





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...